Yonex Armortec 600 Badminton Racquet

Yonex Armortec 600 Badminton Racquet

The Armortec range of racquets has improved in 2009 with the introduction of 4 new racquets – the 600, 70MG, 50 and 30.

The Yonex Armortec 600 is positioned towards the top of the range. As I already utilise Armortec Power 900 I was looking forrad to comparing these racquets.

Directly out of the bag the racquet felt dainty. It's well counterbalanced, nice graphics with a mix of sliver, regal and black. It'south strung reasonably tight although considerably less than the 24 lbs tension in my racquet so I knew I would have to make adjustments to my shots.

The racquet is available every bit a 4U G4. This means the weight is around 81-85g and the grip size is small. This didn't matter as it's the same as my 900 although for this test I didn't build the grip to my specification.

As y'all would expect from a racquet at this level, it performed admirably in all areas. The dainty balance meant information technology was quick although not equally fast as a Nano series racquet. There's plenty of power and a fiddling actress "kicking" courtesy of the flexible shaft.

When I chose this racquet, I hadn't read the specification in the Yonex catalogue then I was very surprised to read it had a flexible shaft – I really hadn't noticed during my test. Possibly I'one thousand so familiar with the Yonex range now having tested a number of their racquets that it'southward like going over quondam ground again – very familiar.

At that place were no surprises with this racquet, it's a good solid racquet with enough to offer y'all. It's one of those racquets that you know yous tin can depend on no matter what your opponent throws at you. With tighter stringing and a grip I'd be hard pushed to distinguish this from my Power 900, it's that good.

RRP is £110 and so expect to pay under £100. Value for money I'd rate the Yonex Armortec 600 as a 5 star racquet – my first 5 star rating. Information technology's got everything although I suspect that power players may avoid this racquet because they don't need the flexible shaft. If truth exist told, at that place are very few out and out power players in league badminton. There are i or two very hard hitters only if every player'southward smash could be analysed, just a small percentage would qualify in this section. So, overall this racquet will suit the majority of players.

Considering racquet choice is so personal I urge yous to endeavour as many equally you tin before making your choice. Notice a retailer who supplies demo racquets so yous get the all-time chance of finding the right one for you. Unless y'all have a smaller budget, make sure the Armortec 600 is on your list to try this season, yous'll exist glad you did.